Hi all,

I'm going to be in London towards the end of this month. This was a bit of a

short notice for me, so i dont have much time to perpare. Are there any good

shops to visit for photographic equipment. Maybe some second-hand nikkors, and

while we're at it, some bags and perhaps any other accesories. I'm also

interested in normal shops (not second hand). If any of you have been to

London and can suggest a few places, that'll be great. thanks to all

Alfred

Hi i was in London for sometime. About the photography topic, go to Tottenham Court Road, where the Oxford Street interscts with Charing Cross Road. You can take a tube there very easily. As soon as you get out of the tube station, walk to east along the New Oxford Street, there are several photography stores there, such as Jossep (badly expensive), Jacobs, Microglobe(which is a online store, but you can visit them and buy something certainly), and Cameraworld is located on the back of west part of Oxford street which is not here.

Make a search on google map and you can get lots of information.

At the east-north direction, there it is, the British Museum, and in front of it is the Museum Street, where you can visit a very good photography cafe, called APERTURE PHOTOGRAPHIC. There are loads of fine old old Nikon equipment there. Very very nice place to hang around! It is a bit expensive than the average eBay price, but they have the most complete MF lense/camera bodies there, as well leica, and something else.

Gray westminister is good, but you have to prepare more money at the first place...

Good luck and enjoy!

The place near the British Museum is Pied Bull Yard where there is a Leica dealer and Jessop's Classic Camera shop (interesting stuff there!). There is at least one other shop in that area too (can't remember where that is at the moment).

Also, there is The Photographer's Gallery just off of Charing Cross road.

Take a look down Tottenham Court Road (W1) for your camera needs, which will leave you close by the British Museum which makes for some fantastic photos!

<p>

Brixton is good, take a look down there. <br>

Camedn Town is worth a visit - but it is full of goth kids. <br>

Portobello Road has the world's largest and oldest antique market. <br>

Spitalfields is also worth a visit.<br>

Make sure you go for a walk along the South Bank, I love it!<br>

Stoke Newington has a wicked old cemetry.<br>

Hackney Marshes is an odd little green oasis in the middle of Zone 2.<br>

All the touristy stuff is advertised all over so I've taken you off the beaten track.. a little bit, but not much! :)

HI all,

thank you so much for your replies. I'm printing this thread and will have it with me in London. i just hope i'll have enough time to run around the city. This site is so great - it's amazing how much help you can find on just about anything. thanks again

regards to all

Alfred