Noise reduction software

Hi folks,

I want to get a noise reduction software (for images from a 300D). So

far I've used the Demo version NeatImage, but now I want to get a full

version.

Does anybody know a head-to-head comparison of Neat Image and Noise

Ninja (or other programs)?

Thank you!

Aaron, thanks. Some say NeatImage is better, others prefer NoiseNinja. Not very clear though why. Seems they are more or less equal. Price is also the same. I might through dice ;-)

Thanks, David, for the link to the Digital Gem plugin. I'll try that one too!

I believe that one of the reasons that it's hard to define a "Best" is that they all work slightly differently and they all perform slightly differently on different types and levels of noise. What's "best" on one image might not be "best" on another, indeed what's "best" on one camera at one ISO setting might not be best on a different camera/ISO.

I think the bottom line is that all of them are remarkably good on most images.

I've been playing with Noise Ninja mostly right now, but that's because the computer I'm on (during vacation) is a little older (1.13Ghz PIII laptop, Summer 01 era) and the faster performing Noise Ninja certainly appeals to me given the circumstance.

I've played with Neat Image in the past and I'm not sure I could say one is better, but I need to download it and do some head to head tests before I make a decision.

Regarding the comprehensive comparison referred to, the reviewer selects Noise Ninja as the best, not Neat Image. Although, the differences appear very slight. Just wanted to correct the person above who sighted the article but did not correctly report the recommended program. I have both, and the newer NN 2 is especially good and faster than Neat Image. I am not sure yet if the CS plug in version is as good as the non-plug in.