D200

simon_chan5

I am considering a D200, but no sure whether I should get it in Shanghai (as I

am currently working in) or in Singapore (my country).

I was told by the Nikon Singapore & Nikon China that all D200 is made in Thailand.

Apart from this, it carries ONLY local warranty.

Makes more sense to get it in your home country but if you travel alot than the point might be moot since if it acts up, you are screwed anyway on your trip. Another minor point maybe that you'll get better customer support in Singapore. In my experience customer support is generally much better in HK than mainland China.

Karl- Your post should read

"My irrelevant opinion of this camera is that, for MY purposes it is too large, i feel the need to express this opinion even though it is not related to the original posters question."

have a nice day.

Nino Tamburri , oct 05, 2006; 05:45 a.m.

Karl- Your post should read "My irrelevant opinion of this camera is that, for MY purposes it is too large, i feel the need to express this opinion even though it is not related to the original posters question." have a nice day.

this is by far the funniest post today!

I guess it depends on how long you are going to spend in each country. If you work in China most of the time, then get it from China.

The issue is that Nikon is quite anal about regional warranty and I know for a fact that Nikon USA does not accept any warranty claims or service requests for VR lenses bought outside the US. I assume the same policy applies to all of their products.

"I find the D200 too large and heavy."

No way.

It's just as large and heavy as any good modern SLR.

It would be nice if it were a little lighter, but I think it's small. I would even prefer if it were bigger :)

Great camera.