Canon Ixus 30/40 OR Sony DSC-P100

nico_kamm

Hey folks,

which one is better what do you think? I really like the Canon Ixus series, I had an APS one

for years and I also have an Canon SLR, but as far as I can remember the Sony got really

good reviews and has often been the winner in tests.Does anyone found an serious tst

where these two are compared?

With the Canon shutter speed and aperture are not displayed, no manual aperture (the

sony got at least 2 options) and the Sony also shows how far you are over or under from

the metered exposure. But the canon got ISO 50 and I just like Canon. BTW the Canon is

usually also a bit more expensive, coz there are good offers for the sony. Damn what

should I do?

I am a Canon EOS300v owner who just turned to the "dark side" that is digiatl photography. I purchased a DSC-P100 in Hong Kong recently and I absolutely loved it. The display screen is very clear and quite large and I don't think there are any cameras that can match the start-up speed of the sony. I haven't done much research in buying the camera, I stumbled across it in Mongkok and brought it because it was so cheap! And from what you are saying Nico it has a few more functions than the Canon, so I would go for the Sony!

• 1 year later...