web slide show- what do you do after you created it?

gulnara

What do you do after you create a slide show on the web? Do you sell it to the client? Leave it on the

website? If so what is your price and how you present it on DVD or how long you keep it on the web? I use

"showitweb" and the slide show usually runs about 3 min with about 90 pics. I only created two so far and

my clients didn't ask for it yet. Can you please share on what you do? Any samples? Thank you.

My clients love those, although I use the "crappy" big folio show (which I don't recommend to anyone because of limited pictures I can put in it (only twenty) and resizing time to make the show. But I've only gotten excellent response to those as it enables couples to share with family. Also I use as a preview before they get their proofs.

I do those as a thank you token for the couple.

I don't think I'd ever sell the showit shows as is, because they are more of a free

advertising/marketing tool for me. For a finished sellable product, I use iDVD or

ProShowGold so that it can be played on a TV and without an internet browser. <br>

<br>

When a bride sees her images for the first time in a slideshow, it's the most powerful

version of the images - and she forwards it on to everyone she knows! Many of my

slideshows are seen by 100+ new people after the wedding. That's the best direct

marketing tool I have.<br>

<br>

Because of the emotional power of the slideshows, I feature them everywhere!! You'll find

them <a href="http://anneruthmann.com">in my website</a> as galleries and <a

href="http://anneruthmann.com">on my blog</a> as previews. My clients absolutely

LOVE them and look forward to seeing all of my other clients wedding images! It's been a

great tool for building my online community.<br>

<br>

I'm not sure how long I'll keep them up, but most stay up for about a year. Then, if they

want to purchase the DVD edition, they can do that. Most of my shows are only the length

of one song... when it gets to be much longer than that, it starts to get boring and can

have some troubles loading. I usually pick about 90-120 favorites. I prefer to keep the

images moving quickly because it holds the viewers interest longer.

I will usually create a DVD slideshow using iDVD on my mac. But the iDVD slideshow is not

timed to the music like your showitweb one most likely is. (A little birdie told me that there

might be a cool update coming for showit web. Maybe we'll see some kind of DVD support?)

I'll also create an iPod slideshow and deliver it through the iTunes music store.