Minolta 28mm coupling to M6 viewfinder

Hello. I met with an old friend today who has a Minolta 28mm. His problem is

that when he mounts it on his M6 the 28 frames do not appear. I am an M2 and M3

user so I could not help him. Is there any way that he can get the 28mm frames

of the Minolta to come up on his M6? Thanks for any input..Robbie

Unfortunately this requires adding a bit of length to the bayonet lug that pushes against the frame selector lever in the camera. I did this once by drilling a teeny weeny little hole and putting a short length of a small nail in there with epoxy. Didn't look really great but it worked. Converting a 40mm lens to bring up the 35mm frame in an M body only involves a few file strokes on the lug, a much easier conversion.

Simply press the mount release button while attaching the rokkor all the way till the end. The viewfinder frames will appear properly. Then, very slowly, unattach the lens so that the other frames just begin to appear. This way the rangefinder will work besides 1.2 meters to the minimal focus distance of 0.8m. It takes less time to do than reading all this, and it works with all the Leicas I own. The Rokkor is a beautiful lens, just more flare-prone than the Elmarit when pointed directly towards the sun. Good pictures!

Hello Ant�nio Ferreira. Your method works great also on a Hexar RF. Not only that, the RF can focus all the way down to the minimum focusing distance of the M-ROKKOR lens, which is 0.8m. I tried the same with a Leica M6, the RF can no longer couple below 1.2m. Strange?!

YOL