wild. The result is I shot 600 pics. The most I ever shot on flim is

300 at a very fancy affiar. Since I need not produce proofs, there

is no cost to me for that quantity.

I was able to download to a laptop and burn a disk during the day so

I did not even need to take my 1G card out and I felt that I had 2

copies as backup.

Any comments?

Errol

My impression of the D70 and SB800 condo is that I seemed to be pointing and shooting with little need to change settings beyond switching to A mode to get more DOF.

Actually, I forgot my flash bracket (using it on another job and tis not the wedding season)but the shots did not seem to suffer. I would have liked to have it on this shot though. Used the dome alot and it seemed great.

Errol<div>00AGPZ-20666284.jpg.1ec703d389813c5ef3493d5b7d44aeff.jpg</div>

I am not sure that I did figure it all out in that month but waht I applied was 30 years of film. I think that people trying to learn photography and digital equipment have a steeper learning curve. but a well ballanced shot well exposed is the same on plastic or silicon.

Errol

I think I can agree with that. After hearing the many coversations about the differences, I think I could potentially grasp it well too.

However, even when I got a new film camera, it took me a while to feel comfortable with all the different features. I'm not sure I could be so brave though, trusting a new format so quickly. I'm a chicken though...LOL!

That was very kind, Errol, thank you.

I'll tell you, being able to shoot 2500 frames in a month has defintely got my wheels turning. You know, as a film shooter, that's not very cost effective. Somedays, all I want to do is shoot silly things and experiment, but I restrain myself of course because of the cost. Half the pics I don't even want or I toss, so there is certainly a lot of waste involved.

Happy shooting, Errol! Keep those pics coming, I love all that color!

"Somedays, all I want to do is shoot silly things and experiment, but I restrain myself of course because of the cost."

You sound like the perfect candidate for a DSLR Melisa. I got the D70 when it was first released and just like the bulk loading black and white days of school, I carry my camera around everywhere again.

That's awesome, Eric! No, I don't know much about stock, other than it can be tough to get your name out there and it doesn't pay like it used to--thanks to digital. But, it sounds like you have your foot in the door, go for it! When you figure it out, give me a holler! ;-)

I started the digital bandwagon in 1998 with my first 1MP Fuji digicam. Went until 2002 and then bought a Mavica CD 4.0MP, and then upgraded to the Nikon 5700 June 2003. Owned it four months and then took the plunge last fall with the DRebel, and now upgraded to the 10D. I feel I've improved dramatically in terms of composition and exposure with the digital SLR plunge because of the instantaneous feedback. 15,000 images and counting in 12 months time!

Todd

I used JPG fine and normal for PJ shots. I can get a good 8X10 out of normal at my lab.

Capture did a great job of formating the jpgs down for a proof disk for the B&G.

Here is a bridal party shot. I know that they are not in a streight line and the bouquets are not either but we had little time to set up and almost no room in the greenhouse. At least it was warm in there. Canada you know.<div>00AGfU-20671284.jpg.c938202c301f6b0de70f3ee9ff62cc9f.jpg</div>