Fuji S2 Pro Morgue - Dead camera registry

I looked around on Photo.net and didn't hear anyone talking about a

dead Fuji S2 Pro yet. However, on the dpreview.com forums it looks as

though enough forum participants have experience an S2 Pro CCD

failure that someone has been nice enough to assemble a <a

href="http://jamfactor.com/dpreview/s2history/">database</a> for

failed S2 Pros.

Just in case anyone was interested. There is a pattern. =)

Happy shooting.

Yes, it's enough to get an S2 owner nervous. So far mine has held up perfectly well after more than 18 months, 1 Ecuador trip. 1 Florida trip and a visit to Costa Rica... all using the camera with a 500mm f/4 prime (heavy lens). I do carry a film body as a backup, as I would with any camera.

Some S2's are real work horses and some seem prone to early failure. Sad.

Please GOD!!!! Someone tell me that my s2 isn't F&^% UP!! My Serial # is in the 24a. I have no power either with batteries or straight from the AC cord. I was shooting a wedding last night and everything was going alright. Left the church and went to the reception hall turn on the s2 saw that the batteries were low, turned off the camera and the display stayed on. Did everthing I could think of but still no power. Think GOD I borrowed my bosses 10ds, but I came home plugged it into the ac adapter and still has no power. If anyone knows anything please help. I just baught 24-70 2.8 sigma lens for $450 and I'll be pissed if this camera died on me. I'll switch to Nikon eventhough I like Fuji. email at twins310@neo.rr.com