A while back someone put up a traditional Indian wedding online. I

found it very interested and promised to do the same with a Jewish

wedding. I've posted up the pics from an entire Ultra Orthodox

weddings in my website together with a commentary. I hope it will be

interesting and informative. The page was made for people on

photo.net and will not appear elsewhere otherwise it would not be so

cluncky! Please be warned that if you don't have broadband then you

will be waiting a very long time. I'm sorry but the thumbnails are

not clickable, I don't have the web space to put up larger files.

www.bphotography.co.uk/weddingport.htm

p.s. this isn't an invite for technical critisism! ;-)

Almost Bruce, the formals of a couple who will touch, as a lot will do, are of course a lot different. have a look at www.chesner.co.uk for the top Jewish wedding photographer in the UK for ideas how they do it in London...

Unfortunately this was my first digi wedding so I don't have any examples of more relaxed weddings to show.

"It's also probably a universal guide for Orthodox Jewish weddings, anywhere in the world with only minor regional differences."

Well, the men and their clothing look identical to a great many of the men I often see in the Fairfax district in L.A. and in and around my office building at Wilshire and Highland. However, there's another group that appears to dress in an even more prescribed fashion, and like they're still living in the middle of a Russian winter. I wonder if their ceremonies are different too.

Thanks, Ben. That's a nice mini-tour of a different culture.

Will, you are talking about Chassidic Jews, their weddings are suprisingly similar in almost every way, however they have aceremony at the end of the wedding called the 'mitzva dance' which will often last till 4am and makes photographers rich on overtime! It consists of the bride dancing with the male members of her and his family by means of a long black string called a 'gartel' while serenaded by a comic routine in Yiddish by a 'badchan'. It culminates with the bride and groom holding hands and swaying together in prayer. Very interesting to watch if your eyes are still open and you can focus straight!

• 2 months later...