Black versus chrome Hasselblad

The red and yellow ones are good for fall photos. The chrome works great for self portraits due to its higher reflectivity. Black works best at night. Blue is best utilized for shots including water, or for those landscapes that are mostly sky. The rare gold collectors cameras are just for show and don't really work. As mentioned before the lizard skinned ones are good for wildlife.

vic... :)

Ok, a serious response.

Black trim 'brasses' easier than chrome. ie: chrome looks nicer longer.

On rare occasion I have heard comments to the effect that the chrome will show as a reflection in a subject easier than black.

For studio work I always drape the camera and stand with black velveteen if shooting anything reflective.

vic... :)

Well, good to see so many being helpful to the OP's question...

Victor answered it correctly. I went with chrome, myself, for two reasons - I had heard about the brassing on the black versions and I found a chrome kit for a great price. (If it had been black, I would have bought it, anyway though.) It's really not a big deal to me, though.

Steve

If you take close-up shots of objects with reflective surfaces, you would be better of with a black body. Otherwise it's a matter of taste. The chrome ones haver a more "old-fashioned" look, are a little less expensive on the used market and probably a bit less attractive to thieves.

• 4 years later...
<p>I think the chrome Hasselblad looks fancy and demands attention, however it is a set back if you try to take it to underdeveloped areas of the world. I feel rude pulling out a chrome camera where people don’t have food to eat. I would feel more comfortable if it were complete black and less attention grabbing.</p>