online photo lab for 20x30 prints?

I tried the Mpix metalic paper and it is good for landscapes, but is a bit too metalic looking for portraits in my opinion. I have tried thier new black and white service and it's truly awesome. Keep in mind that there is no need to upsize or sharpen your image before you send it in. I emailed them on this and they told me that thier computers/printer does a much better job at this. After seeing the prints I must agree.

I use WHCC.Com also. They offer the metalic paper. I tried a few wildlife shots with it and did not like it. I think it could suite some landscape images. I have seen B&W on it, and they looked awsome!

I would get a few 8x10's made on it first to see if you like it. It's definitley different and might not be your cup of tea!

I looked at whcc.com and it seems that you need to upsize your image if you want, say, a 20x30 print, which seems to go against the logic of letting the lab do the upsizing based on the printer used. The prices are $1-3 less than at mpix.com depending on the paper used. Anybody got prints from both mpix.com and whcc.com to offer a comparison? Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I have used mpix.com with great results ALMOST everytime. WHCC is the absolute worst. I recieved my 'test' prints with no problem, but ever since EVERY order has been totally ruined. A few mistakes may be coincidence, but there is no excuse with the problems and delays I've had with them. They have cost me so much money, but to be honest, the humiliation of not coming through with an order for a customer is what really gets to me.

• 3 months later...