105mm f2.8 macro on an EOS body. The lens mated easily to the

adapter. That combo mated easily to a 300D. A couple of casual test

shots revealed that this setup does work and it does focus to

infinity. So far so good.

The problem is I cannot for the life of me see how the adapter comes

off of the lens once the two are mated. There is no release

mechanism I can find and so far it appears once the two are joined,

they are joined solidly. I am stumped. I would like to take them

apart but I hesitate to get too agricultural at this stage.

I could leave the adapter on the lens forever, but that seems to be a

poor solution to the problem. If anyone shed light on the proper

proceedure I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Larry

I have a Phayee adapter and it comes off the lens just like a "real" lens would come off a Nikon body. However, for example, the extension tubes have an actual spring lock that needs to be released for the lens to come off. I don't think your adapter would have any such mechanism as it would be too thick.

Take the lens off the EOS and then see what's going on. Was it very tight to put on the lens?

Giampiero

I have tried it taking them apart while mounted on the camera and tried with them off. I have had no luck either way.

They lens mounted to the adapter very easily. Everything about the Nikkor seems to be exactly opposite of what I am used to with Canon EOS and FD. I know I have to be doing something basically stupid.

I have the same photodiox nikon-EOS adapter you have. There's a small 1/4 inch sized

tab of metal with a small

hole in it. It is on the lens flange. You can push this tab in slightly and then rotate the

mount off of the lens. It took me a few minutes to figure this out too. Good luck!

I have the same adapter from Photodiox. With the lens off the camera, I can access the small locking tab on the adapter. Pull it back, and the pin that locks into the lens recess will also pull back, and then turn the adapter (just as though the adapter was the camera lens mount). You can't remove the lens from the adapter while mounted on the camera, however - take the lens off the camera first.

HD

The lower trier XYZ to ABC adapters often are made a tad thinner; so one can always focus on infinity. This is to drop the costs; with looser tolerances. The combo will "focus past infinity" ie infinity is really inboard on the focusing scale; say maybe where a 100 ft mark might on a 50mm lens. The higher end adapters migh cost double or triple; but are ground and adjusted to be spot on. There are a mess of EOS to XYZ adapters; made in Russia; China; and elsewhere.