Need help dating a Meyer-Gorlitz lens

I am trying to date an older Thagee 6x9 plate camera with a Meyer

Gorlitz lens in it that I picked up off the eB*y German website some

time ago. It's a Meyer-Gorlitz No. 486767 Doppel Anastigmat Veraplan

4.5 10.5cm. I've done web searches and can't seem to find the

Gorlitz serial number lists I've run across in the past. Any help

appreciated!

First of all your camera is called Ihagee, not Thagee or Jhagee. It's just easy to misread that old typeface.

Second: The lens manufacturer is Meyer, not Görlitz. You wouldn't look for Zeiss data under "Jena" or "Oberkochen", would you? It's just the same: Meyer is the name, Görlitz the town.

"The Lens Collector's Vademecum" reports that lens #500000 was made in 1930, so that will be about the age of your lens.

Thanks for the help, Jonathan and Ole. Ole, I was unaware that Gorlitz was a town. I am familiar with the Ica Dresden, and I knew that Dresden was a place of manufacture, so I guess you learn something new every day! Thanks for that clarification as well.

I love these old plate cameras. I managed to pick up an Ica Dresden 6x9 (9x12) pre-Zeiss merger camera (cute thing!!) with an Ica Litonar 105cm csystal clear lens and light-tight bellows last year with a perfectly working shutter for $100 from a local shop. I also was lucky enough to get a rollfilm back to fit it from Europe off eB*y - still need to get a roll of film run through it.

Jen, I agree with you. Those old cameras have loads of personality. I still need to repair this older Miroflex. If you ever get a hold of one of those, you'll be mighty impressed with it. I also have a Goerz Anchutz (I think) and Goerz Tenax that need a bit of work. More old great plate cameras.