secure pocket that can take the size, weight, and sharp corners of a

typical 35 mm classic of the 40s - early 70s. Which of your classic

cameras would yu stick in your pocket and what film? To get things

rolling, I would select a folding Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35 loaded with

Kodak Portra UC ISO 400. I would carry a slip on lens hood, and rely

on the selenium light meter on the camera. The Contessa has a 45 mm

fixed f2.8 Tessar lens that is quite sharp and contrasty. That's what

I would do today. How about you?

Well, I shoot 120, not 35mm, but I would go along with the folder camera. I recently went into NYC with the family on a sunday. one of our destinations was to take a nice stroll in Central Park. I had 2 agfa 6x6 folders and 2 Franka 6x9 folders. The 2 big folders fit nicely in my vest pockets while the 6x6's fit in the hip pockets of my jeans. It was a sunny day so I all were loaded with fp4+. If it were overcast I would use hp5+. Exposures were done by guesstimate. I like the folders for the this type of situation because they are light and become so compact when closed up.

David

Zeiss Ikon Contina II with 45mm f3.5 Novar lens which is a viewfinder camera without rangefinder.....I have an aux. rangefinder but in walk in the park I would likely shoot 200 ASA Superia and do without the aux.<div>00ABgR-20557584.jpg.d7827a9a1b9b8c4600f18f4cebc66755.jpg</div>

I go through phases. A year ago, a Contax IIa. Earlier this year, maybe a Contessa S 310 or a Zeiss-Ikon Kolibri. A decade ago, probably a Rollei 35S. Today, I'd probably return to the Rollei 35 or maybe my latest infatuation -- the Zeiss-Ikon Tenax II.

I'd often be using Agfapan APX 100, Ektachrome 200 or possibly Kodak Technical Pan. Now, if this were the late 1970s, it probably would be Agfachrome 64 or Kodachrome 25/64.

Rollei 35, TriX and an extra thumb.

David Goldfarb - for that swan pic, did your camera have a focal plane shutter or just at the lens? What year on the camera? And did you focus with rangefinder and if so, how did you calibrate that sucker? I have one (a pre-anniv. Speed) but no matter what I do, the calibration always sits the prime focus spot about three feet closer to the camera than it should be. Means I get a lot of knees on seated people in focus, but not their eyes - unless of course I use the ground glass. Grrr.

To be honest, if photography was not to be my primary object, I'd take my fully auto Konica point & shoot. There is a place for this new fangled automation stuff. However, if I wanted to play with a quirky camera I might take my Rollei B35 with any old ISO100 color print film. If I wanted to make more of a statement I might take my Ikonta, an ISO200 color print film and Rick Oleson's pocket exposure calculator.