How long is the wait for a 20D?

How long does it take to receive a 20D once you order it? The vendors

I'm thinking of are B&H, Adorama, or Ritz. I'm certainly interested

in other GOOD vendors who are likely to have this camera for sale at

reasonable wait times. Are you 20D owners buying the extended warranty?

As long as the vendors have the 20D in stock, it shouldn't take long to get them. They may have waiting lists that would increase your wait time. However, Amazon apparently has a LARGE stock of 20Ds and can ship within 24 hours at a shipping method of your choice (next day air, etc.). No difference in price, either (I got mine in two days from them). I would call/e-mail those other places to see how soon they can ship, then go from there.

As for warranty, I have the standard Canon warranty which suits me fine.

Interestingly, I've been waiting to hear back from B&H for several weeks and happened into my local camera store here in NH (Hovey's Photo)and picked one up for the same price as B&H. No shipping and no sales tax here. There's another store in the area which also had the bundled lens but it was $100 over the B&H price. I had the same thing happen when the D60 came out a few years ago. Canon's distibution strategy is pretty quirky. Great camera...it'll be worth the wait, hope you score one soon. I didn't get the extended warranty. I've never had a problem with Canon service that they couldn't fix promtly at a reasonable cost.

How is Canon's strategy quirky? There's more demand for their product than supply!

They are cranking out 20Ds as fast as they can, and still are unable to keep up with the

demand!

Only a fool would buy an extended warranty. Sorry, but that's the truth. I bought one

once, foolishly. After careful perusal (it was a popular warranty that's from a company

whose name starts with M and rhymes with 'crack') they would repair, replace, or decline

service on the item at their discretion!

In other words, only had to repair your item if they felt like it!