pre-C

NB

C

KL

KL is the current line of lenses and they are generally highly

recommended in what I've seen. Do the classes differ mainly in how they

are coated, or are there other significant differences that make a

difference? "NB" lenses appear rather affordable and would fit my

budget, but what are their drawbacks compared to the later models?

Some knowledgeable input on these lenses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan Engström

I have a KL 140mm micro and an older C 60mm. No visible difference in sharpness in my opinion. Yes, the difference is the coating on the newer KL series (less potential flare and loss of contrast). I've never tried NB's but be careful: make SURE the NB's do not require an ADAPTOR RING to fit your RB. The "C" series do, and I learned the hard way, I stuck my 60mm lens in the RB body!

Olivier,

My RB-67 has Sekor C series 90mm and 180mm lenses and no adaptor ring. Are you referring to a C series lens that is designed for a different camera? (I'm not sure what NB designates, so this could be a junk post. If so, let me know!)

How does the adaptor ring work between your 60mm lens and the RB-67 body?

Jordan R. Urie

Jordan,

I bought a brand new RB body years ago (around 1995) and a 140mm KL lens. I believe the new RB body came supplied with an adaptor ring with instructions, warning about fitting older C Sekkor lenses without the supplied adaptor ring. Unfortunately for me, I forgot about it, bought a 65mm (not a 60mm as I previously stated), shot a few frames and stuck the lens! The ring fits smugly into the back of the lens. Never had a problem ever since.

Thank you Oliver - elsewhere somebody referred to "NB" as standing for "New Barrel", but I have also seen that it is a different name for the "C" class lens. A little confusing, but it is good to know that I probably can't go too wrong with an earlier lens which will probably fit on the body I get since that too will certainly not be a brand new camera...