Trouble dealing with Kyocers- advice?

bruce_appel

Acouple months ago, I bought a G2 with 28,45,90mm lenses. (Great

stuff). I sent all the paper work in for the rebates. I received part

of the rebate back, not having gotten credit for two of the lenses.

My problem is that I have been completley unable to get hold of

anyone at Kyocera. They do not respond to my emails from their

website, all I get when calling are voice mails that go

unanswered.....

Any suggestions as to how to contact a real person at Kyocera?

Great product, horrible service.

Kyocera North America is developing quite the reputation for incompetence when it comes to dealing with customer inquiries and issues. Bruce's story is by no means the first tale of horror I've heard in the past few months about Kyocera.

It appears that they don't pay any attention at all to emails (this is a consistent theme). Perhaps you need to send them a letter by registered mail?

A call to your home state's attorney generals office, and the state where Kyocera America is located to lodge a consumer complaint may get them to pay attention.

My old southern uncle used to say that mules are not dumb, you just have to hit them between the eyes with a two by four to get their attention. (animal right activists, this is not a literal statement)

In this day and age of consumerism, Kyocera should be bending over backward to get your loyalty. A two by four is needed I guess.

Well, after several hours worth of being on hold and various voice mails, I believe the rebate stuff is fixed. They just made an error. Just very frustrating to try and deal with. I still have not gotten a response to emails I have sent off their website (4 since august), asking if my old vivitar 283 flash will damage the camera. They have a number for tech support, but after staying on hold for an hour I gave up.

I get the distinct impression that Kyocera is getting out of cameras all together. A real shame as I love this camera.