Quantum Qflash T4D ?

denny_kyser

I bought the Quantum Qflash T4D and the QF13N TTL adapter for my

canon 10D but cant get the TTL to work, I have tried in AV mode and

Program mode and the flash fires but shutter speed is extremely slow

and obviously blured picture. I can not get the Camera to realize

the flash is on. Does anyone have any sugestions to try.

(Im guessing here) From Quantum's Website ( http://www.qtm.com/flash/qft4d.php#qttl )

The --F13N-- TTL adapter is for 1, 1n, 1n RS, 1v, 7, 7E, 10, 10S, 600, 620, 630, 650,

700, 750, 850, 1000, 1000F, EOS-3, A2E, A2, A5, Elan, Elan2, Elan2e, Rebel, Rebel S, RT,

T9. While the --D13N-- adapter is for the EOS 1D MkII, EOS1, EOS 3, D30, D60, 10D,

EOS1D, EOS1Ds, 300D. (like I said im just guessing, you may want to call them up to

see)

Denny, I use a Quantum T4d with a Canon 1Ds and also with a Canon 1v. The QF 13N is for film cameras only, you need a Quantum TTL unit from the digital "D" series, for the 10D it's the D13N. This will recognise the pre-flash exposure measurement that digital Canon cameras use.

One suggestion (and it's only a suggestion, I've never actually tried it) to get a usuable image with the QF13N could be to set the T4D to auto rather than TTL, a further refinement if the 10D has a synch socket would be to use a synch socket cable to connect the camera to the flash.

If all else fails you could set the T4D to manual output and refine the exposure using the 10D histogram, only practical with a fixed flash to subject distance but it's a possibility.

I did find the right adapter on there page but now another question acording to there page here http://www.qtm.com/flash/qft4d.php it says this (QF13N) will work with the 7E and this doesnt because i tried it. Now I am confused, I will have to spend the $109.00 to see if the Qflash is working right. Thanks for the tips for now and will either use it in Manual mode for this weekend or try auto, not real farmilure with auto mode.