What kind of lighting/technique could this be?

edgar_njari

Hi..

I am posting an image here with an example. It is a special kind of

tonality visible on this images. Is there some postproduction sicret

here, or is it all in the lighting? Its almost as some sort of a

golden "glow"..

What kind of lighting could this be and what gives this "look" to the

image? (expet make-up of course)

Since there are a lot of experts here that know a lot about lights

used in fashion photography, i am hoping to get some thoughts about

this

thank you

I'm with Elliot--the double nose shadow suggests two main lights, and the background is sufficiently in focus to suggest that the models are pretty close to it, and it's just lit by spill from the other lights. The skin is probably cleaned up in Photoshop. Some makeup, but nothing excessive.

Is that the photographer in the image pushing the cable release, or a model pretending to be the photographer? Who presses the cable release with their index finger? I've always used my thumb.

I think the light position is clear by now. Does anyone know what kind of lights they are? They seem pretty "clean" to me (no softboxes, umbrellas etc.)

And do yopu think that there are some other manipulations (to tones,colors etc.) in post other than skin cleaning?

You guys seem pretty convinced that you know what you are talking about and you seem pretty set in your ways so there is no need for me to explain much. I guess you could just ask King Frank :) ...but Just to let you know Diesel is famous for running it's campaign's behind fabricated personalities. They used to have the singing cowgirl Joanna and now it is King Frank a fabricated photographer. Have fun researching. johnny

Well It does seem suspitious to me..

If he is not the real photographer, I wonder who is. I would really like to know that. I guess it would be impossible to find out.

By the way, King Frank is unreachable now. There used to be

a place for posting questions on his site, but now the links are not working. ANd the mail adress does not exist anymore.

Hey the more I keep writting these words, and the more I keep thinking about it,the more I think you are right.

Edgar,

I just received the call about 10 minutes ago. My contact over at Diesel NY says that all the add campaines are run out of the offices in Italy. She gave me the number to call and person to talk to, unfortunetly they are closed right now so I will have to give them a call later tonite. :) Hopefully I will have an answer for you tomorrow.

Oh my oh my... HA HA I think I am done with this quest Edgar. Everybody is already gone for the week. They said to call back on Monday, and even then it seems as if teh language barrier is more than I can overcome. If somebody speaks Italian and wishes to find out this information the number to Diesel Corporate in Italy is From the US 011-39-0424-477555 Sorry Edgar