Metz 45-40 rechargeable batteries

maktime

Hi all,

I have just purchased a couple of 45-40 rechargeable batterie packs and I think one pack

is dead.

I wanted to ask what the specs are of the batteries and also would it be possible for me to

replace these with "regular" rechargeable batteries? or do I need the 45-40 ones?

Hope someone can answer my question as I couldn't find much on the metz site.

Cheers,

Berry

Hi Cheers:

i twice rebuild this pack. Simply open with care from the light glowing side remove plastic cover and then unsolder the connection wire and later remove the dead battery and replaced these with equal ampere/volage and solder all six battery and fit with care (place in the pack). Better if u made a drawing of old soldered cells. An empty holder is also available from Metz Werke to charge battery in normal charger and for using. Hope of some assistance to u.

ahh cools I didn't know you could get empty batterie housings to recharge batteries.

Thanks for that I might look into that later. I ended up buy some 1000 miliamp batteries

and took them to my technician and he soldered them into the housing as well as cleaning

it for me. Only costed me 20 dollars so that was good value.

thanks for the repy!

Berry

I very recently refreshed the NiCads in a 45-40 batery pack that I bought as "dead" in eBay. Fitted 2,500mAh batteries at a fraction of the cost of a Metz pack.

Remember though to:

a) Buy "tagged" rechargeable batteries;

c) Note the arrangement of the old batteries very carefully before removing them;

c) Snip off and reuse the long strip of metal that joins the top of two batteries but plunges down between them (to clear a moulding strut inside the holder).

Charge the new batteries for many hours - the first charge on mine took 36 hours (with a Metz 402-12d charger) before it delivered full voltage.

AtH

Attila Thehun , sep 30, 2004; 11:24 a.m.

I very recently refreshed the NiCads in a 45-40 batery pack that I bought as "dead" in

eBay. Fitted 2,500mAh batteries at a fraction of the cost of a Metz pack.

Remember though to:

a) Buy "tagged" rechargeable batteries;

c) Note the arrangement of the old batteries very carefully before removing them;

c) Snip off and reuse the long strip of metal that joins the top of two batteries but plunges

down between them (to clear a moulding strut inside the holder).

Charge the new batteries for many hours - the first charge on mine took 36 hours (with a

Metz 402-12d charger) before it delivered full voltage.

AtH

-------------

Okies I thought you could only put nicads in and you coudln't use nickel metal hydride

ones? I didn't find any nicads that were more then 1000mAh

Robert Davis , sep 30, 2004; 11:33 a.m.

Which batteries did you buy? Awhile back I checked the prices on 1700 batteries and the

cost for six including shipping wasn't much cheaper then just buying a new Metz pack.

--------------

Mine were cheap but then again they were only 1000mAh