Mamiya 43mm lens filter

jack_belen

I have had good luck with Hoya ultrathin filters. They do not cause vignetting on my Nikon 20/f2.8. It is true that they cannot accept the standard Mamiya lens cap, but Hoya supplies a reasonably good push on cap with the filter. Hoya sells for a lot less than comparable filters manufactured in Germany.

I use the Heliopan thin filters and they accept the Mamiya cap just fine (their are threads on the front of the heliopan). I don't use the Mamiya lens caps anymore, though. I have replaced them with tamron caps which allow me to keep the lens hood mounted all the time. The 43mm is a pretty wide lens and I'd stay with a thin filter.

Jack, as just posted in reply to this question on the Mamiya forum, I'd recommend you get the B+W slimline multicoated filter - around £30 in the UK - with the trade-off that you WILL NOT be able to attach your lens cap. It just doesn't have enough of a 'lip'.

OTOH, I use a regular filter on an 18mm lens (for EOS) and it doesn't cause any significant vignetting.

HTH,

John

• 1 month later...