OT: Our Photographic Freedom

badris

Yep it's been years since I last posted on here. I wanted to share this link with

everyone from a fellow photographer buddy of mine. He was asked to destroy his film

that contained photos of the White House; found it a little disturbing and sad, but I

guess it really isn't anything new at this point with all the paranoia in the air from

past incidents.

Anyhow, form your own opinions:

http://www.billemory.com/NOTES/pocket%20litter.html

I wonder if this is in fact going on why don't we hear about it MUCH more often are you telling me that only one or two out of the hundreds of people who take photo's in front behind around the side of the White house are being picked on. OR is everyone's film being "destroyed"

Somehow this all seams a bit weird to me. That this so called law officer would even allow that the film had been destroyed but what simply opening the back of the camera for a moment or two. There is much more to this story or fantasy then is put on the web page offered.

Some how I smell troll

"Photographic Freedom" that's a new one, I'm not sure where in the Constitution it is described. Nevertheless, that story sounds as phony as a three dollar bill. Photographing the White House has always been a favorite tourist activity in DC. This is the first I've heard of anyone's film being confiscated. Sounds like another disgruntled lib trying to spread more anti-Bush propaganda.

First amendment says nothing about photography. As I recall, it guarantees freedom of speech, press, assembly, and religion. The nevertheless means that AFAIK people are free to take pictures of the White House and yes, Ray, I do not believe the guy is relating his experience accurately. I'll leave the conspiracy theories to Oliver Stone and the loony left. They're good at it with all of the practice they've had.

If we could just get rid of the labels you keep throwing around

Eliot, maybe we could have a discussion as people, agreeing on

some things and disagreeing on others. Why would you, without

any evidence, make the assumption this story is made up?

Badris has a pretty solid website that reflects hard work and

solid middle of the road values, looks like a reliable source to

me. Are you denying the possibility that there are a few gung-ho

security people out there, more active now and occaisionally

overstepping their bounds under the set of circumstances we

currently live in? If so, I don't think you're being realistic.

Ray, wasn't criticizing Badris. The story was not his own. Sorry to offend, but I wasn't the one who first mentioned conspiracy theories. All I was saying is that it seems like there must be more to the story than stated, Mark W made the same point. Especially now that the terror alert level has gone down in DC and they are opening up Pennsylvania Avenue. Seems like people would be less likely to be hassled rather than more likely. Just my opinion.

<p><i>Somehow this all seams a bit weird to me. That this so called law officer would even allow that the film had been destroyed but what simply opening the back of the camera for a moment or two. There is much more to this story or fantasy then is put on the web page offered.

</i></p>

<p>The site with the story about the confiscation of the film at the White House has one of the best portfolios online I've seen in awhile. I'll reserve judgement on the story's veracity but he's a very good photographer. </p>