Need a new bag for D200 kit

b_va

I too really like LowePro's Sling Shot line: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=FBVx9myKvw!1079895318!1157731633768?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=RootPage.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=slingshot+lowepro&image.x=9&image.y=6

The larger 200AW fits my D2X with a couple of smaller lenses. Not sure you can get away with the smaller 100AW with the D200. With the MD 200, the D200 is about the same size as the D2X.

If you need to carry additional lenses, you can attach optional lens bags to the side of the Sling Shot bags.

That's the key...keeping the load to what you stated.

I added the battery pack to my D200, and it completely rewrote my bag requirements. But

I also wanted to find a place for all my lenses and a backup body as well. (Settled on a

Lowepro Pro Roller 2).

Now my MiniTrekker is perfect for the D200, and just a couple of small lenses and other

small stuff, for day trips and traveling lite.

I find the Lowepro line to be outstanding, and would highly recommend them.

I've carried my D200 with MBD200 battery grip in it with no problem. It was a slight

squeeze, but I didn't have any problem with:

The D200 with battery grip and an 18-200 VR mounted, a 60mm micro lens, a Nikon

80-400 VR zoom, a SB-600 flash (in its little bag), and a couple small accessories (blower,

notepad, spare battery).

It's very convenient to be able to swing it around and change lenses without having to put

it down.

Ken

I usually don't get in to best bag threads, cause I don't know that much about it, but I just did get a sling shot on a friend's recommendation and I luv it, very handy. Carries my complete kit no prob, except for the 80-200. Also for longer distance, you can sling it on your back, and another strap hooks into the single shoulder strap and stabilizes the pack like a backpack. For me it rides in the perfect place on my back, really makes the load light. and then you can swing it around without removing it and open the top and get stuff out. Its kind of unorthadox at first look, but it really works.

I use a Kata WS-604 GDC Waist/Shoulder Bag. It is extremely well made and protects the equipment properly. There is easy zippered access to compartments through the top, both sides and front. It holds the D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 12-24 f/4 DX, 85mm f/1.4, SB-800 Speedlight, Newton Flash Bracket, all my wires, extra batteries, compact flash cards and my cleaning kit. I bought it at B&H for about $140 last year.

Steve Abramson

I also have a slingshot and it is very handy. I will add though, that I will probably be adding a Domke bag to my lineup. I have a very small Domke bag and it is soooo durable. I love it. I shoot come corporate functions and need something more formal looking than the slingshot. Any suggestions for me as well?

I am a bit surprised that the LowePro SlingShot is so popular. The first time I saw one was around October last year (2005), and we immediately bought two. My wife uses one to carry her camcorder, but she needs to remove its internal compartments so that her fairly large video camera can fit.

How long has the SlingShot been around? If it is just a year, it has certainly gotten popular very quickly.

Domke

They make a bunch of models. The one I use F6B black canvas is only the second one I've owned in 20 years. The first was purchased when my daughter was born. Canvas not ballistic because it ages so nicely. It has nine compartments and is completely adaptable for small or larger use depending on what you carry. I can carry all essentials with room to spare because I don't carry film anymore.