HELP! Can't install EOS Ultility viewer 1.1 for 20D on my Mac OSX 10.3

andreapacella

I've just bought a Canon EOS 20D but can't install EOS Ultility Viewer 1.1 software on my

Apple Powerbook with OSX 10.3.5

When I launch the installer it opens a window stating "Cheking files on the local disk" and

stops there.

canon support center has told me that "sorry it is not a message originating from the CD,

it's probably an internal conflict, so we can't help....." (great example of customer care!).

Has anyone a clue? I have Photoshop CS installed, if this can help.

Thanks

Followed Mark instructions: copied the application folder in the applications and double clicked. EOS Viewer utility opens, but it seems to have most commands inactive. Tried the same for EOS capture, but when I launch the software it doesn't open. Thus when I connect the camera I can't download the images on my PB...

I had this problem too on 10.2.8. In each of the folders on the installation disk there

was a installer (I think) for the individual programs. This worked fine except for an off

moment when everything was in some Asian script. I deleted the "guilty" .lproj files

and after that everything was fine. I will look at my CD when I get home and tell you

what I did.

I have had no problem connecting the camera. I connect it via USB to my laptop with

the camera on. You will find almost all of the options greyed out. It will not let you do

anything to images on the camera (not even get a big preview). Just select everything

on the camera and dump it to your hard drive. Once there you will have options to

convert etc.

Hey Andy,

Back at home now with access to the CD.

My CD is called CanonEOS80M. The individual installers are at:

/Volumes/CanonEOS80M/Mac OS X/EOS Viewer Utility/English/EOS Viewer Utility

Installer

/Volumes/CanonEOS80M/Mac OS X/PhotoStitch/English/PhotoStitch Installer

/Volumes/CanonEOS80M/Mac OS X/EOS Capture/English/EOS Capture Installer

They worked for me modulo the language difficulties I mentioned. If this happens to

you just open the packages and delete all but the english .lproj files

I use either irfanview or acdsee classic to view pictures. Irfanview in particoular is freeware, weights 800K or so and can view and batch edit almost any file tipe on earth. I don't know if there is a mac version, but if so you could avoid clogging your computer with the canon software and install irfanview.

Simone

Have you run the "fix permissions" utility? Run Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility, select your hard drive and click on "Repair Disk Permissions."

Have you downloaded the most recent software from Canon's support site (rather than installing from CD)?

As for the grey-ed out menu items, it sounds like you were running the file viewer utility. As far as I can tell, that can only be run from within image viewer when you select "Process RAW" for an image.

Andrew