OT: Spell Check

stephen_w.

<p>The site describes the product as "A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer". Perhaps I'm selfish in preferring to use a safer browser that has a better idea of what to do with CSS; you'll just have to put up with my misspellings. But if I were that worried, I could have my spelling checked in a Gecko-based browser: <a href="http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/index">spellbound.sourceforge.net</a>. Meanwhile, <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/kvmagruder/hsci/resources/spelling.html">this page</a> claims that Safari comes set up for spelling checks; I can't see for myself as our one Mac is being used by the missus right now.</p>

It's been mentioned before, but Mozilla Firefox is a great browser, and damn safe. Plus you can download extensions to customize it (although I haven't seen a spellcheck on it yet). Web-borne viruse are no fun, especially on a computer with all your good scans for printing : (

I?m typing this in Word to see if it?ll change the characters. I?ve seen those misplaced ??s on many posts. I?ve also read from the feedback forum that it?s a software recognition problem. But, hitting a button on the toolbar is much more convenient, to me.

On the submit page it looks fine, but on the comfirm page it changes. I'm using Firefox now. Next try will be from IE.

I?m typing this in Word to see if it?ll change the characters. I?ve seen those misplaced ??s on many posts. I?ve also read from the feedback forum that it?s a software recognition problem. But, hitting a button on the toolbar is much more convenient, to me.

This is from IE. Both work the same way: changed.