Photoshop CS and ICC profiles - help!

I have created some custom output profiles using ProfileMaker Pro

from GretagMacBeth. They have been succesfully created and saved in

the right place (I'm using WinXP).

The problem is that when I go to "Print with preview" and

select "Profile" my new profiles aren't listed! The profiles are

listed in other profile menus (under Proof Setup etc).

What is the problem??

Simon

The question is in "which right place" are you saving your profiles? Just for the record the printer profiles belong in the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color" directory (or similar, depending on your windows configuration). Once they are in there they should be available for Photoshop but if it was already running when you saved the profile it may not be available in the "Print with Preview" dialog. Rather than re-start Photoshop, simply open and close the "Proof Setup -> Custom" dialog. This re-reads the profiles from the respective directories and the next time you access the "Print with Preview" dialog the new profile should be available in the combo box.

Simon

I just tried again with each of the *.icc, *.icm and *.pf extensions and all show up in the "Print with Preview" dialog. The "Proof Setup" shows profiles from several directories including the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\COLOR" where my scanner profiles go. I've had them mixed up several times which is why I asked in my previous reply. I'm sorry but I don't think that I can help any further.

Step

If the show up in Convert to Profile, they will show up in Print with Preview (destination

popup). If not, you've got a very sick copy of Photoshop!

You can apply the profiles in Convert to Profile then set the destination popup to Same as

Source and print just in case you have to output something with these profiles while you

fix Photoshop. I've never seen a profile show up in Convert to Profile or Proof setup and

not show up in Print with Preview. But I'm running that other OS.