Dust on digicam sensor...covered by warranty?

josh1

• 1 month later...

I was told today, by two different sources (National Camera Exchange in Minneapolis Minnesota and Marquette Camera Repair in Plymouth Minnesota) that Canon does not cover sensor cleaning as part of their warranty. I recently purchased my 20D from National Camera Exchange and found that, right out of the box, the pictures were littered with dust spots (I counted 34 of them). My 10D which is a year and a half old and has been all over the place in many different conditions, still only has a couple dust spots. My attempts to clean them in the 10D got rid of most of them, my attempts with the 20D did nothing.

Marquette Camera Repair cleaned the sensor for me, there are NO spots now, and the guy told me that this has been an issue with the 20D's. He didn't charge me anything for cleaning it, even though I had never been in their store before. National Camera Exchange did nothing other than suggest I take it to Marquette. So, I have learned a couple things. Canon doesn't cover sensor cleaning, even if it leaves the box full of dust, I won't be making any more purchases from National Camera Exchange, and if I ever need camera repairs I will go to Marquette.

Good Luck.