when nikon will have D-slr, which price is around d70 but can work with manual (AIS) len?

supree_leeratanaruk

i am a nikon fan. i have lot of manual len and body. i did not buy any D-

slr cause for the D-slr price which can work with manual len is to high

for me. but for D70, it can work with manual lens

i like manually focus by myself....

u can buy 300d + adapter to change nikon len to suit with canon

mount...... but it is canon, i am patiently wait for the move of nikon

about the price for manual len with d-slr....

i wait for a long time already,

if nikon step in the idea, i think they will sale it more ....

cause i think there are many people who will feel like me?

right?

i am not sure....this is just my idea , how about yours?

thank for sharing....

I have Nikon D70 and in 1-2 shots you can find the correct exposure. The main problem is not the metering. The viewfinder is its main fault. I hope that the D100 successor will be the answer. Meanwhile, I enjoy using my D70 a lot. If I were you I`d wait to PMA 2005 and if there is nothing new - grab a D70.

I picked up a used D1H with a two-year warranty for under a thousand bucks, even before the D2H price drop. So I bet you can find the same deal for even less money. I'm using it almost exclusively with my AI lenses and my Lensbaby. Having the large viewfinder really helps with focusing.

"when nikon will have D-slr, which price is around d70 but can work with manual (AIS) len?"

If you are asking about a new Nikon product offering, the answer is probably 'never'. They stopped support for AIS lenses on lower priced film bodies years ago and have folowed suit in the DSLR realm. Even the D100 with a $2,000 initial price did not meter with AIS lenses.

<p>You're "only" losing the metering capability <b>but</b> you still have the histogram!

I find myself fine-tuning most of my exposures with the

histogram and I could seriously imagine myself shooting without a meter.

<p>Not that camera metering is not convenient but, for my work, I tend to think it is most

useful for snapshots and familly stuff. If I were you, I'd get the kit lens for snapshots and

use my other lenses "metering" through the histogram. I certainly would <b>not</b> wait

for another camera, the benefits of DSLR are numerous and I would happily trade in-

camera metering for all the other benefits.

<p>--ben

I don't think that Nikon will make a future SLR, except from pro models, that can meter with non-af lenses.

The pro SLR will still be able to meter with manual lenses, since the 35/1.4 and the 50/1.2 are not avilable as AF lens and can bei bougth new as AiS.

I agree with the original poster. I am an old-timer that grew up with manual focus cameras and I would much rather focus manually.

I own a D-70 and I like it by I hate the fact that you can't manually focus it well (trying to focus manually with the kit 18-70 or my Nikon 12-24 lens is next to impossible). A D-70 with a split screen manual focus screen like my old Nikon FE-2 (and of course, a little brighter viewfinder) would be the perfect digital camera for me.

I did read a post on the internet about someone that had themselves replaced the stock screen on the D-70 (or whatever the part is called) with a "split screen" that allowed manual focusing. If this becomes commercially availabe, I will be one of the firt in line.