MF cameras with EV settings...

asimrazakhan

As some of you know, i just got a rolleicord. One of the best

things i found about this camera is how i can take an EV reading off

my handheld meter and set it on the camera. This in turn locks all

the shutter/aperture combinations specific for that EV reading.

Im wondering if there are any other MF cameras that have this

function? Hasselblad perhaps? Does hasselblad have this built on

their lenses?

Sure do. All the Hassey lenses I've got and seen have EV markings on them. Additionally various versions of Hassey lenses have an EV coupling mechanism to enable working with EV settings.

While I'm not a photographic equipment historian, I think EV markings and coupling on lenses/cameras was at its peak from just after WWII into the 1970s, but is quite uncommon today. I've early 35mm rangefinders and SLRs plus MF folding cameras manufactured from the late 1940s through to the late 1960s and most/all of them have some sort of EV markings and a few have coupled EV setting capability.

Fortunately light meters from the 1950s (I've a very early Gossen and a very recent Sekonic) until today offer readings including EV.

Interestingly I've not seen EV markings on LF lenses and I have older and newer Schneider and Rodenstock versions, none of which have EV values marked.

Finally Hassey had 2 versions of coupling - one which was coupled unles you pushed the small lever as you made your setting; the other series version only couples if you engage the lever. Nice feature.

Quite a few cameras did, although it seems to have fallen out of favour.

My early 1960's russian Iskra (6x6 folder) has an EV setting, and couples the aperture to the shutter speed. So, you can easily move through combinations of shutter speed/aperture for any given EV, like yours