What is a good source for used Hassy equipment?

sid_sharma

Hello - am just getting interested in med-format, and I wonder if

you all could suggest sources where I might be able to find used

Hasselblad equipment at good prices? Also places where one might be

able to get such camera systems reapired and CLA'ed?

Thanks in advance.

-Sid

KEH.com has a strong reputation and pretty good selection. The prices are fair, but not the lowest out there. The good news is that they give a real warrenty on their items and are very conservative in their ratings. So, for a little extra $ you are getting a big piece of mind.

Read everything that you can find on the web about the cameras to the point where you feel confident about what to ask a seller and know what the answers you want to hear are. When you get to that point lurk in the Classified ads here. Generally equipment sold by a photographer is better than buying from a pawn shop like you potentially may on e bay. They have used it and know it inside and out. I have always found that when I have inquired about equipment posted here I felt confident about what the item really was and therefore able to make an educated decision to buy or not.

I can reccomend KEH also. They are conservative with their ratings and most of the 10-12

items I've bought from them have been in "bargain" condition. All have been quite a

bargain. For repair/CLA I would recommend a regular contributor to this site, Mr. David

Odess. He helped me through an ugly episode with an ebay seller after I sent an 80mm 2.8

planar to him for a CLA. Nice guy. Bruce Muir