Sigma 1.4X AF extender

jim kerr

If image qualtity is important to you, I'd stay away from anything but the highest quality tc's on high quality lenses. The EX 1.4x is very good, but I don't know about the other. If you're just taking snaps, or if getting a picture is important, but quality is not, then go for it.

So if you don't know anything about the 1.4x AF model Joel, how can you possibly advise someone as to whether or not they should entertain buying it or not?

I actually have one of these, and the image quality is superb to the point where I just can't tell the difference on prints where I have used the TC, compared to ones where I haven't.

You know Stuart, I was going to launch into this diatribe about the manner in which you penned your question...but that wouldn't be very classy. Anyway...I can "possibly advise" someone based upon my 20+ years of nature photography experience which includes a wide variety of cameras, lenses, and accessories; shooting 1,000's of slides, prints, and making enlargements to 20x30; selling my work, and teaching. In any case, I qualified my statement clearly, and most experienced photographers will probably tell you the same thing. I'm glad your teleconverter performs to your standards of excellence.

Thanks to both of you for responding. I'm sure both have experiences to cause each to feel as you do and have the best intentions in your advise. At this point I'm hoping maybe a few others that have this 1.4 AF extender may see this question....Jim