Fuji RF repair costs?

dante_stella

Ok - made it back from my trip, but I knocked the RF in my GSW690III off a touch at

infinity (it also broke my toe, so you kind of get the picture of how it happened - luckily,

the camera wasn't otherwise harmed!)

Has anyone had Fuji New Jersey reset just the RF (as opposed to 5K or 10K service)? Any

idea how much it costs? My local guy is retired and s-l-o-w. I know someone will say to

call Fuji,

but they have never been willing to even ballpark repairs over the phone. I am trying to

avoid sending the camera away for 4 weeks to learn it's $300 or something.

This model has a much more sophisticated RF than the previous ones (it has a linearity

adjustment that must be set every time - using equipment I don't have), so doing it myself

is out.

Dante, are you *sure* that RF alignment for III series is really that complex?

From reading my service manual I can remember that it was still very straightforward procedure - like "adjust at infinity, adjust at 1m, repeat until you get satisfactory results" which can be done at home with cost of $0.00

And the whole lens/RF calibration process required no special tools except small screwdriver, test target, measuring tape and a good infinity :-)

Roman

What a coincidence!

I broke my Fuji gsw90 (first version of this fine camera) while tooling around out of

state recently. As I live in Michigan, I know of only two options for repair: Midwest

Photo Repair in Wyandotte, and Dave's Camera Repair...somewhere in Michigan.

My understanding is that I will have to wait quite a while (eons perhaps? ) before

using my camera again. If you find a reputable, reasonable repair facility, please

share.

There must be a something going on, I sent my GSW 690 to the ground last month. It looks pretty rough the good news is the lens wasn't damaged, I just can't use a shutter release anymore.

Everyone I contacted said send it to Fuji, but to be honest I haven't even called them yet. You should call them and talk to someone there and see what they say.

Now I just need to do the same and try to schedule a time to be a way from my camera.

Other than the toe, how did you find the 690 to travel with? How were the results?

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures were all fantastic, despite the RF being off.

Fuji charged $80 plus shipping to adjust the rangefinder, and it did not come back

properly adjusted the first time (if it had been adjusted at all). So the second time, I sent

them written instructions, diagrams and pages from Fuji's own service manual. Let's see.