Website to buy lens?

kathy_owen1

Hi Kathy, many sellers have lower prices than B&H, and many of them are probably scams. If you want a fair price from a trustworthy seller, go with B&H. If you buy from B&H by linking through their link on photo.net's homepage under the heading "Support photo.net", they will give a little kickback to this site.<p>As far as expresscameras goes, they have a 6-month rating of 0.60 on a scale of 0 to 10 on <a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805.html">www.ressellerratings.com</a>, as rated by 63 of expresscamera's own customers. It's lifetime rating is 1.27, as rated by 171 customers. I wouldn't trust a site with that kind of rating.

Kathy, I'm just unpacking my 20D from Adorama. I do most of my business with them or B&H. Both of them have some of the best legitimate prices of anyplace and they are super reliable on price, honest merchandise and returns. No need to look at any other places really. Call up or log on through Photo.net. They're New Yorkers they are not really rude. Good luck.

www.expresscameras.com is a trap. Don't even spend one second thinking of that dealer. You should buy online instead of local stores except you want to support your hometown business. However, you must choose one store for camera and gear. I agree with many that you should choose B&H. Their prices are low enough compared with a local store. Don't try to save a few dollars unless you're experience with shopping on internet.

Kathy,

Don't buy from www.expresscameras.com. It is a trap and I fell for it. Last year they advertised Canon 10D for less than $900 but everywhere else was selling for $1500. I went for it and ended up paying $2,000 total ... a Canon 10D plus accessories at inflated prices. They charged me a Canon battery for $250 which I could have bought somewhere else for $75.00. They charged me a off brand 512 memory flash card for $150.00 which I could have purchased for less than $69.00 .... the lists went on. Top this one, they charged me $150.00 for overnight morning delivery where everyone else charged $29.99. I confronted them over the phone but usually put on hold for over an hour and then they hung up on me.

Now I always buy from reputable dealers on the net like Amazon.com, Adorama.com and B&H.com. I like Amazon the best because their customer services and reutrn policies are excellent.

Good luck to you. Don't be another sucker like me.

Fred

<i>"They're New Yorkers they are not really rude." ... what Gil said</i><p>

That tickled me to read :) ... I've been living in New York coming on my third year (I'm from

the midwest originally) and that is so true. I dont think the fellas at B&H are really rude,

their just being "New Yorkers" <p>

I go into the store often (too often the hubby says) and they're always friendly. The folks

at Adorama are pretty friendly as well ... in a New York kinda way :D

This site has a popup type ad for "New Camera Shop". Anybody heard of this before? They advertise a 20D for $929.00! I am looking to upgrade from my D60 and have been shut down on e-bay everytime and it must be too good to be true. I will only buy from Adorama if I don't have to talk to them in person because they are rude! Call it New Yorkers or whatever you like but being a Hawaii/Seattle resident all my life, I don't deal well with that.

-Neal Thatcher

Kevin's advice is true. As long as you haven't taken up a couple of hours of the salespersons time asking questions, and handling the merchandise, and trying it out to see if it suits you. In that case, it's only fair to pay a bit of a premium over what B&H is charging. But, knowing what B&H charges does give you a bit more haggling authority.

For purchases of new or used photo items delivered in a timely fashion, I trust B&H for online or telephone orders. They are reliable and the items have been exactly as described. I'm sure there are others who can do as good a job but those experiences for me are few. It's hard to consider looking for another place that does things as consistently as B&H Photo Video. I have no affiliations with the company, just wanted to let you know my positive feedback for the place.