Difference in a Gossen Pilot/Pilot 2?

I don't think there's much difference between them. I had one of the later models and it's not all that sensitive as well as having a pretty wide acceptance angle which may not make it suitable for your needs.

I also tend to estimate exposure but when I do need a meter I find it's worth lugging the Profisix around, especially with the tele-adaptor which makes it not-quite a spot meter. Profisixes are quite cheap now so you might like to consider that. If you really want something small you might be better looking at a digital meter.

I have a pilot 2 that's basically all I use next to the built in meter in the camera. I have used the pilot 2 along side the camera and both the camera and meter were right on the money. I am currently thinking about buying a new meter because I need a flash meter as well.

Have a great day !

I have a Gossen Scout 2 that works nicely with my folders. Really, anything cheap will give you a leg-up on your current guesstimation procedure. If you're interested in my Scout 2, or my Sekonic L-158, drop me a line (I only need one of these meters).

I was going to sell the extra meter along with a Zenobia 645 folder (with a 4-element Neo-Hesper). Actually, if anyone's interested in the Zenobia...drop me a line. It comes with a Telex accessory rangefinder (shoe-mount), too. Check my feedback on eBay, username jgpyke.

Garvey