Using a Leica M for weddings am I nuts?

mark_eggers

Well Everyone I just did it!

I just won a M6 non ttl version in chrome on *bay. It looks very nice with no marks and

hopefully everything will work right. I can't see all that much that could go wrong with it.

We'll see. It was rated as Mint- in the hard case with the warranty card. It did not include

the strap, the manual or the box. I paid $1075.00. Is that a fair price?

Does anyone know where I could download a users manual in PDF format? What should I

do to check it out? How do you guys test your M's for accuracy in all shutterspeeds?

Now I need to get a 50 or 35 for this thing.

Thanks to all of you who gave me your input!

Cheers, Mark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, Mark. Seems a fair price to me.

Don't know about a pdf but I've always had success getting Instruction Books from Leica (usually, actually always, at no cost).

The best way to test for all shutter speeds will require a lens and film.

Load up with a slow colour transparency such as Velvia (50 if it's still available), or 100. With the camera on a tripod shoot the same scene utulizing all shutter speeds and corresponding apertures. Have film processed and returned uncut.All frames should be of equal density, no exceptions! Close examination with a loupe will confirm accuracy of focussing.

Good luck

don't know about that but once its examined, then you'll know if it was a fair price. All things being equal I'd say its about the going rate these days.

depending on cash situation, consider that 50mm crons are very affordable and a great first lens.

Congrats and enjoy -