OT, Top 5 Leica Forum shooters

bas1

Inspired by Marc best camera's here is my list of photographers that post here, whom's

shots I enjoy most. As a way to say thanks for their postings and to encourage them to

keep it up.

1. EDMO, fabulous detail shots, great exposures, great eye

2. Grant, in your face sort of street photography

3. Ed Levecis, street photography but with a great eye for composition

4. Mike Dixon, stunning models and people photography

5. Balaji, great street photography. Sort of a mix between Grant and Ed Levecis.

I thought 1 and 3 were the same person. Even so, Edmo is such a good photographer he probably deserves to come up twice in most people's top 5.

I take my hat off to all those photographers whose work encourages diversification and experimentation. Of which there are many.

I certainly agree that the names being mentioned, and mentioned repeatedly, and even double-mentioned [Ed! -- reminds me of Beatles, Stones having more than one record (45 of course) - I'm dating myself here - in the top 10] ... all of them belong.

So rather than reiterate, let me add a few who haven't been mentioned:

Matt M., Beau, and Dennis Couvillion (I know Dennis stepped away but he's begun to put up a few lately). And I will add the scanner-less Al Kaplan. From what we've seen -- a tiny fraction of his work -- who among us doubts that he's sitting on an undigitized treasure trove of photographs?

As a former Chicagoan with continued fondness for the city, I should be allowed to vote *at least* twice, shouldn't I?

Hearing no objection, I'll say that I find Huw Finney's snaps of his Mad Projects in progress bewildering, fascinating, and original.

What say we ante up and get him a mini cam with sound and 'stream' one of these Mad Projects live on the internet?

Americans nowadays watch cooking, card playing, and fishing on tv. (I know ... you'd be amazed.) I say: Give us a live Mad PRoject!

Most of it would be thinking, great from the inside but cr*p telly (why are we so coy about f*****g swear words). I would say my projects are 95 to 98% thinking time with short spurts of action dotted around. You want to seem my notes made during a project, I think in pictures/graphs/flow diagrams and usually when I have finished making a written note it is remembered and I loose the original, it's fun finding them again. Perhaps I will include a picture of the notes for the Xpan big lens project this time.

Huw says: "... my projects are 95 to 98% thinking time with short spurts of action dotted around ... "

I understand. Some editing might be required. That's ok.

So we'd have Huw drilling something.... Can't find his notes on precise spacing and tolerance so stomps around swearing and upending sheets of paper at the workbench and elsewhere.

Then for next scene Huw's filing but the fit seems wrong so we'd get more swearing and if lucky, hollering at other family members "where did you put my notes on this B,,!Q!*** project."

Don't know how you'd refer to this in the UK, but in America it's "reality television."