Info - Voigtlander 12mm w/o finder on auction

tom5

I saw a Voigtlander 12mm on Ebay .. starting very low, with case and 77mm filter adapter,

but without the regular finder. I was thinking that this might be a great buy for an Epson

digital user, who would likely want to buy the special finder anyway. I have no connection

to the seller but I do have the 12mm lens, which I paid way, way more for! -

Item number: 3866469658

The finder view of my VC 15mm is about equal to my eyeglass frames. For a 12mm, you

could count on that much area, and considerably more. I'd never suggest this with a

longer lens, but such a wide wide-angle ought to be pretty usable even without a finder.

Just tell youself, "If I can see it, it's on the negative." You could do your cropping later on,

unless your're a slide shooter. I'd make sure a bubble level is on that accessory shoe,

though.

Craig

It seems there are not many for sale,used.

Tom,

I use mine on a CL with the physically smaller 15mm black plastic finder. It came like that when I bought it used [knew about it].

Apart from being smaller the use of the 15mm finder allow me to frame extremely tightly,knowing that there will be plenty of room around the edges of the frame. Also the worst distortions are in these outer areas, and so don't need to be included in the final print etc, but as it happens there isn't that much distortion from this lens and I've heard that it is actually better than the 15mm in this respect?

Regards

Bruno