Hi y'all,

I just got a VC L to M adapter ring(28/90) and a 21mm F4 voigtlander

lens for my leica m6. I thought it will be convinent if I put the

adapter ring on the lens first and then use it directly as a leica M

mount lens.

But it didn't work at all. The lens can not reach it's position. The

28mm frame can not come out. I am also worried if I had already

damage my camera.

Can I use the lens and adapter this way? Did I damage my camera?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

So just put the adapter on the camera first and screw the lens into the adapter. If I understand you correctly you said it works that way. If you tighten the lens a little bit while on the camera then when you remove the lens the adapter should stay on. Try to then put the lens/adapter back on the camera and see if that works. My main lens on my M2 is the Canon 35/2 and the adapter "lives" on the lens. When I need a 35mm for my IIIc I just use my Jupiter 35/2.8 and don't bother to take off the adapter on the Canon lens.

I've had an 85mm f/2 Nikkor living on a bayonet adapter since the late 60's with no problems, and had several other screw mount lenses over the years that kept their bayonet adapters on all the time. With the adpter on the lens bayonet it into the camera HARD. Don't worry about screwing the lens too tightly into the adapter. Just leave it on the lens after that. Unfortunately you might have been better off if you'd just bought a Bessa L body to use as a rear lens cap for the 21. It's cheaper than a bayonet adapter and the then required deep rear cap for the bayonet 21.

I can't argue with your suggestion, Al, of using a cheap Bessa L to keep the 21 sitting on...but I don't think the VC 21/4 lens with M-mount adaptor needs a fancy rear cap.

I'm sitting here looking at mine, and it has it's usual, normal, rear cap which goes on and off just fine and interchanges well with my other rear caps. Maybe you're thinking of a different lens?

My CV 21/4 is more or less permanently attached to an M adapter and it comes and goes between my M2, M6 and MP.

Since I use it with the supplied finder, I haven't troubled myself to check which frame comes up (I believe the adapter put on this lens is cut for 35-135 but might be 28-90).

If the adapter is screwed on tight, it should operate OK on any M unless the adapter is damaged or deffective, or the frame selector on the camera is damaged.

As a matter of fact, I believe that which lens is screwed on the adapter is fairly irrelevant. It's only a matter of the mating between bayonet and camera mount.

No problems here. Voigtlander 21/4 attached to Voigtlander 28/90 adapter. Brings up the 28/90 lines fine in both my M6's. The framelines really shouldn't be an issue, however. You will only be using the camera viewfinder for focusing, framing with the accessory finder. As long as the lens focuses accurately and locks into position on the camera (i.e., doesn't fall off), you should be able to use it.

Thank you so much Lee, Jorge, AL,AAron,Gerald ! My question is a little naive.You all are realy nice and patient.

I just fix this problem! I attached the lens with the adapter together, and mount it again. This time I mount it harder, it works!

The VC 21mm lens is realy small, so not easy to mount. The first time I guess I am too careful.

Thanks again!

Good job Zhao.

One thing to remember. Once you mounted the lens to the camera, tighten it further, but don't force it. Then the adaptor is permanently screwed to the lens tight and you never ever have to detach it from the lens. Subsequent mounting and dismounting from the camera is just the same as the regular M mount. Your camera's viewfinder should align with the lens as well.