PS CS to create Web site?

I'm a techie by trade and I actually have been using PS to generate my site:

http://www.quietglow.com

I'm using .mac at present, and Apple doesn't allow any scripting. Rather than make/update

a gallery in Dreamweaver, I do it automatically with PS. And, yeah, you can indeed modify

the stock designs (as I have), but just be sure to work on a copy of the originals.

Best,

Joe

James,

It a modified version of CS's "horizontal gallery." I opened a copy of the template (which is

in your PS CS directory) in an HTML editor and made the changes you see. Now I use that

one to generate my pages when I update. Its kinda like what a PHP script would do on a

server (i.e. dynamically generate a page) but I just do it on my machine and upload the

results. Basically, Photoshop does the page generation and I just put it on the web. I would

offer you the template, but it wouldn't do you too much good as it has all my info in it. It

a pretty easy project to do, though.

Joe

I'm no good at that HTML thing but have recently found the PS Web page creator a very useful way of getting event photos on the web quickly - some potential buyers don't want e-mails with attachments - so they get a link to the gallery. Next step is to rewrite my main web site to link to the galleries and learn how to put a return to home link in the gallery . Last Friday I had www.portfolio.plus.com/UlsterGloucester

up and running within a couple of hours of the match (one hour drive home on a filthy night) just using the supplied Horizontal template as is - looks OK does the job.