Microtek 4000tf (or other)...full frame 35mm scans?

I have combed the archives for information about full frame scans using the major-maker

film scanners. My current LS-2000 appears no different than the other major brands in

that it will not make a full frame scan...all the way out to the edge of the exposed part of

the image (like a filed negative carrier in a wet darkroom). I wondered if any of the other

35mm scanners provided a scan right out to the edge AND including a little bit beyond the

exposed frame. I have corresponded with a colleague about the Minolta 5400 and it too

cuts part of at least one side of the image area so its not ideal...what about the others?

Microtek 4000tf? Nikon 5000? Other?

With thanks!

Michael

Both Lasersoft and Vuescan will do it with total flexibility with just about any scanner, undoubtedly with just about any scanner. It's a software problem. Epson's native scanning application also wants to crop.

The other problem you'll run into is reflection from your film holder's edge. A flatbed can beat that, scanning without the plastic holder. The ultimate technique involves taping the film to a piece of anti-newton glass in Doug Fisher's custom film holder

http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html

Les...

As I suspected, the scanner will give you the "full frame" on two sides only with your

scanner. Perhaps a filed carrier might help (?). I want all of the negative I exposed to be

scanned with nothing left out.

Appreciate your help with your post, its helpful to see what you really get.

Best,

Michael