55 lens I am leaning to the nikon d70.

The rebels kit lens seems bad and i like to shoot wide.So is the

D70's kit lens any better?

I already own a nikon FE with a 24,50 and 75-150 lenses all but the

24 af d will work on the d70.Given that the nikon kit already covers

the 24 range i would probably get rid of it along with my whole slr

system.I really like digital as i shoot all the time vs rarely with

slr...

Is there another budget price lens that covers the canons kit lens?

Is it better/cheaper to just get the d70?

Thanks...

Dave--

As long as the lenses are AI at least, they *will* work with the D70, but they will not meter properly. It's not a big deal, if you use the histogram to check exposure--I use an ancient 105/2.5 that has been AI converted with my D70, and it does a lovely job.

You can't go too far wrong with either one, but the build quality of the D70 seems to me a lot better than the Rebel 300. If you want to get a (probably) superior camera to the D70 without spending huge bucks, then the Canon 20D is where you likely want to look.

But I have a D70 and have really enjoyed it (and gotten some nice pictures with it). There is tons of information on this site to help you make a decision, if you search.

my 2 other nikon lenses are E sreies so they are pre AI and not digital capable...

I like to shoot with wide angle and the rebel kit zoom lens seemed close to awful in bob atkins review.I was really surprised by those images and how bad they are.My budget is around 1000 with lens so the 20d is out.

Also what is fair market price for my slr kit?Nikon FE with these lenses:24afd,50 series E,75-150 series E?

Is ebay the true market value?Because prices there for an FE body alone are super cheap-100$Ive been out of the camera scene for a while so i dont follow price trends...

you should also consider the Olympus E-300,it can match both cameras offerings. just bought one myself with the heavy decision of not going for either Nikon or Canon. the selling pont with me is the price of the body, the Zuiko lenses are just as expensive as the digital lenses from either nikon or canon. plus you get an 8MP sensor. the kit came with a lens 28-90 equiv in film cameras. for me i would only need the additional 100-300 equiv in film cameras. why i didn"t go for the Canon or Nikon - i didn't like the plastic feel of the Canon rebel. with the nikon - it was too heavy to carry around long. the rest is almost the same.