nature/landscape/sports (www.photoeyes.net). I have 10D, 'Blad, EOS3

I was thinking of using the 'blad + 80mm for B/W shots and the 10D

for color using 24-80/2.8 and 70-200/2.8 for Color. 550EX is my

flash. I am unbelievably nervous about this deal as its a friend and

I want to do the best I can.

I would appreciate any suggestions on essential shot poses as well as

lens changes, ISO settings etc etc. I will be the primary and its

outdoors (wedding/reception) Only 20-40 people total. Thanks to all

for suggestions. I think Im on study overload. :)

Ron, relax, too nervous is not good, think positively, I'm gonna get some killer shots, attend the rehersal if possible, sounds like you have

the equipment you need, I suggest a flash bracket, use the 24-80mm for

most of your shots, simplify, Kodak 160 NC, rated 100-120, the bride knows what the essential shots are, 20-40 people, no swe at, formals, bride and groom in open shade if possible, meter ambiant light, add a

touch of fill flash, 70-200mm good if you want to stand off and shoot,

take plenty of film, batteries, extra whatever, you'll do a marvelous

job. Simplify, simplify, have fun.

Ron, <a href="http://www.santacruzphotographer.com/weddings/shotslist.html">Here</a> is a partial list that can get you started on some traditional poses. A couple of my own that I can add to the mix: I also get the bride with each bridesmaid and flower girl individually and the same for the groom with each groomsman and ringbearer/ushers. It's very common one or more members of the bridal party will be in from out of town and have not seen their friend (bride or groom) in years. I also do the parents of the bride and groom as couple shots individually, and the grandparents. It's critical to get the grandparents or elderly parents because you can remind your bridal couple it could be the last photo taken of them if one were to pass on. These shots make for some great reprint orders, too. Be sure to ask the bride and groom ahead of time if they have any special people that traditionally would not have a photo taken with them to let you know so you can be prepared (nieces, nephews, godchildren, godparents, etc). Shoot lots and lots with the digital, and shoot in RAW. I doubt you will need your 70-200 with such a small wedding. The 24-80 should do you just fine. Fuji NPS 160 rated at 100 for outside shots is the way to go for film. Hope this helps!

Jen, thanks for your check off. I REALLY appreciate it. My email address is: ron-o@pacbell.net The wedding and reception is going to be held in the same outdoorsy area. I've been given the green light to be there one day ahead to position the altar for lighting. Thanks again Jen. Ill be glad to share the wedding pics with you all for your crtique in a few months. Ron

My add on advise is to plan to shoot with your digital camera, and bring enough memory to shoot the wedding without downloading from the cards. But also to bring your EOS3 with you and enough film to shoot the wedding just incase your digital camera decides to break. Personally i would shoot the b&w on the eos3 if you really wanted film b&w, mostly because then both cameras will feel the same, and you won't fumble between them. I love B&W film so that's what i would do, but i also still shoot weddings only on film. I use Fuji 400 and 800 for the color, and Kodak 400cn for the b&w because it is c41 process, which makes life easy.