Wein Peanut on Sunpak 383

dave_redmann

Any flash that has a standard male PC connection can plug into a Wein Peanut. I believe that includes flash units with higher trigger voltages (in excess of 200V) and not just newer units with low trigger voltages (less than 6V).

Dave,

You can use that slave on Sunpak 383 using the PC cord that comes with the flash.

You are going to connect the slave to the one end of the PC cord and the other end of the PC cord to the Flash. BTW, I have all these equipments you name here and I enjoy using them daily.

Emmanouil, thanks, now I know at least that it will work. I would rather not have the Peanut hanging on a sync cord, or have to secure the cord to the stand, but doing things the cheapest way usually involves sacrifices!<P>

Peter and Skip, the issue of what is a "standard" PC connection is the problem. The response I got after directing this question to an e-mail address on the Wein web site is illuminating (no pun intended): "The peanut slave was designed for the Vivitar 283. It is a 'standard' pc connection but <I>we have encountered no less than three 'standard' sizes</I>. If the peanut will go into the connection with minimal force it will work. However do not force. There is the possibility the peanut may get stuck in the connection." (Italics added.) And so not knowing what my Sunpak had, I figured I better look for someone who had tried it!

Dave,

First of all you are very welcome.

Second, I want to tell you that I carry and use the Sanpak 383 + Wein Peanut optical slave + Fujifilm finepix 2650 (Digital P&S camera) + Bracket ALL THE TIME having full success. Before the Sunpak 383 I was using the Sanpak 144 (smaller and lighter unit) with the above combination (both flashes use the same exactly PC cord).

The last thing I want to tell you is that I secure the PC+Slave on a bracket or on a stand using any kind of adhesive tape.