Shopping with A&M Photo World

Hi there,

consider to buy some photo gear, made price comparisons and found

A&M Photo World, which was very much cheaper then most of the

others. A search on photo.net showed my some warnings of former

costumers, but I couln't open the threads for some reasons.

What's your shopping experience?

Need the Canon 580EX and a Sigma 12-24mm, Canon mount.

Thanks for the answer!

<i>... made price comparisons and found A&M Photo World, which was very much cheaper then most of the others. </i><p>

There's a reason for that. Try to buy from them for the advertised price and you will find out what it is. There are many reputable retailers (B&H, Adorama, KEH, Calumet, Helix, etc, etc) that will sell you what you want for a fair and competitive price. Save yourself a lot of grief and buy from one of them. Or, you can try to outscam the scam artists. It's your money.<p>Mike

Yeah, definitely got a scam going. I tried to order a Minolta 7D from them before Christmas, because of the price. They quoted me one thing on the phone, and when I called back the next day to confirm price and get the tracking number they had bumped the price on me for the "USA" package, even though they had quoted me otherwise on the phone. I immendiatly canceled the order but they later called back and said that it had already been sent out. Once I received the tracking number in email, I checked and it was picked up by UPS over 8 hours after I had tried to cancel the order.

But on the good side. The Shipping companies are GOOD. You can "refuse" any delivery and it goes back to the sender at their expense and you get a full refund!!! :-) Just DON'T open the box. If you open the box, shipping is on you and you'll get stuck with the any restocking fees.

Thanks for the hints and especially for the link to reseller.com

What a fantastic and helpful site. I found my lens more then 100 Bucks cheaper (compared to the "usual" places) at digital photo; which was rated as a trusted seller. I ordered and had it well packed two days later in hands.

After more research on A&M, I found out that they really suck...

• 2 months later...

A&M Photo World is the store to shop at....if you like being screwed! My complaint is the exact same as the others. Good looking website with great prices...so I thought. Called to confirm order and I must of had the same clerk as everyone else. Because, what do you know?!? He was rude and full of Bulls**t! Trying to sell me a "Special 3-piece filter set" to go with the Sigma 80-400 lens, advertised at $799...."Otherwise, the lens won't work correctly." And then telling me it would take 8-10 weeks to get my lens....since I chose the International lens, opposed to the US version which costed $999. So I cancelled my order. This was all before I was hung up on. This all happened about 10 minutes ago and I just now (1250am JST) got an e-mail from them saying "...your order has been cancelled. If any transaction is made to your credit card, please allow 24-72 hours for a refund". In all reality, there should be NO TRANSACTION because it was cancelled.

I wouldn't even wish my worst enemy to this company....on second thought....