Horizontal streaks

brambor

I have noticed that my M6 seems to leave light horizontal streaks

(lines) on pictures taken in cold weather. I wonder if it is just a

coincidence or whether I can do anything about it?

Attached is a shot of a cabin where you can see the streaks above the

roof and on the roof as well.<div>00Au1x-21544284.jpg.55c92eb0d4df8c42e20dbec4e31cca88.jpg</div>

Check the negs...If you see scratches in the emulsion, then look at the pressure plate and film gate on your camera, and make sure that you are not scratching the negs when putting them into and pulling them out of the file pages. If the streaks are actually recorded on the film (i.e., are not scratches) then they are probably caused by static electricity generated while advancing your film in cold dry weather. Some films are worse than others in this regard. Only remedy is to advance film very slowly.

looks like film scratches to me, could be loads of different things, a tiny piece of grit in the felt of your your film canister, or in the camera, pressure plate etc. did you develop them yourself?could be the dreaded crappy squeegy(if you used one, mine got "fixed " with a hammer after 2 rolls) if youve sent them to a lab could be dust /grit in machinery etc. ps i love that pic, can you remember exposure time/aperture etc? very very nice

I experience this from time to time also, I would certainly not blame the weather.

I just started handling my film more/not rushing film loading and so forth and they have

disappeared. For me it was a very inconsistent problem... But weird thing is when it does

show up its always on my Kodak film but never on Fuji film...

If they are horizontal with illdefined edges and taken outside at 1/1000 sec or 1/500 it is a shutter adjustment according to DAG. And a tricky repair. He has has had my 111f since Sept 29 for this problem, multiple horizontal streaks of low density on the neg.

I did part of a roll with another camera, rewond the film, advanced thru the exposed frames, and repeated the the exposures. They show mostly in the sky and only on the 111f. I do not understand how the shutter could do this, but I take him at his word.

I was going to ask a similar question, but this is a good place to do it. The very lame

snapshot below was taken with my CM and has a number of rather broad colored stripes

across the neg.

This roll (Kodak 400UC) went through a couple of airport security checkpoints, but I also

have some rolls of Fuji NPZ800 that were developed at the same time that *didn't* go

through any airports and have the same stripes.

Should I kill my photo lab guys? Or do these look like a camera problem? (The scanner is

almost brand new and the stripes don't show up on all of the photos, so I doubt that's the

problem).<div>00AuEO-21547384.jpg.ddda201b07d066e4e675b44f5a756180.jpg</div>

Rene, hmm, I had a very similar problem when developping a roll of FP4 yesterday. My impression was that the fixer wasn't up to the task, may-be too old and gone bad. There was a silvery veil easily to be detected even on the blank frames and in between frames. I re-fixed the negs after drying them, and re-rinsed thoroughly. The problem got much more less pronounced but was still visible. I gave it a third pass, this time even carefully rubbing with my finger tips. Fortunately, the streaks have dissappeared to an acceptable degree and the emulsion has survived the treatment. Try to check, whether you can detect a similar veil on your negs. Good luck.