EOS 1V HS

zensphoto

Despite the fact it is a big puppy it still gets a lot of use... spectacular speed, quiet/fast/accurate focus, metering rarely gets a tweek unless subject is in the sky eg an airshow or other odd lighting. Sometimes for travel I take off the large PB-E2 to cut size. Never a complaint or failure for me. I am an amateur photographer so it doesn't get 'pro level' use eg bouncing in back of pickup, rattling around Desert Storm action, etc. Not trading it for anything else.

Me for another, and also very happy with it, although again only in HS mode (that is, with the PB-E2, which I bought as an add-on) when I am shooting action/wildlife. I like the handling with the PB-E2, but as a walking-around-camera I find it just too heavy. When Canon come out with the EOS-1Dlite, same size and weight as the non-HS -1v, I'll be in the queue, but I would be reluctant to go digital at the expense of losing EOS-1-series build quality and handling and focusing.

Hello,

<P>

If interested, I have a 100% LIKE NEW Canon 1vHS outfit/system (with many, many extras), listed here on photo.net...

<p>

Everything you'll ever need... (just add your lens choice)

<p>

Here is the link/ad:

<p>

http://www.photo.net/gc/view-one?classified_ad_id=580041

<p>

Thanks for looking/reading, and please email me with any questions you might have regarding the listed equipment.

<p>

Sincerely,

<br>

Randal

Wow, so far so good. The thread looks great so far. Jeff Plomley very nice shot. I have had my EOS 1V HS for 2 weeks now. I didn't buy the NP-E2 NiMH battery and battery charger yet, not sure I need that much speed right now. 6fps is Prettttty... Fast for what I am shooting. I'll keep reading this thread for awhile, everyone's answer is very important to me.

Have great day !

I am, it is now 3 years old, with a few scratches, but works perfectly and flawlessly. I don't need the instant feedback and "speed to clients" provided by digital SLRs. And to be honest, the EOS DSLR that gives the same as the 1V costs 4 times more, so... Not enough to justify it, even with film costs involved.

I have used in deserts, rough mountain treks, you name it, never failed me. And these days it is great value for money too!

My path is a different one - I have a 10D and a 4x5 field camera, I am not Photoshop savvy, so I could not make my digital pictures match to my 4x5, however it is no freedom to shot 4x5, so i am thinking I need a 135 film camera.

I have many "L" lens from Canon, and I am looking at EOS 1v (not sure HS), EOS3 and even the new EOS7NE (TTL-II and etc). Comments & Recommendations? Thanks! Patrick

Patrick Li,

The EOS 1V and or HS is a wonderful camera. One of my favorite functions is the shooting data. I use the little database program that you get with the Windows or Mac compatible software to log all the rolls I have. I all so add the previews I get with the CD as the thumbnail prints in the program matching the data to the actual picture. If your interested in shooting data then the EOS 1V HS is for you. If you don't need the shooting data or you would rather use a note book like I used to use, then get the EOS 3. First and for most go to a camera shop and check both of them out and see which one you like the best. The EOS 3 is about half the cost of a EOS 1V /HS. Has lots of functions but just not as many as the EOS V1/HS. If you have the money then get the EOS 1V with the PB-E2 and NP-E2 battery and charger, ES-E1 software it's really worth it.

Hope this helps out a little.

Have a great day !

It's been replaced already, it's called 1Ds, or 1DMkII. The majority of professional photographers uses DSLRs already, so there is no point to upgrade a film series 1 EOS camera.

Sports and wildlife photographers use the 1DMkII, product/fashion/fine art may prefer the 1Ds.

People, like me, that do not need the immediate feedback/turnaround time provided by DSLRs, do not need an update of the 1V.

• 2 weeks later...

Paulo Bizarro,

I wouldn't put it past Canon about the Digital pro cameras. I have a feeling when the EOS 1v hits it's 5 year mark they will once again upgrade it. A lot of the pro's I know are using digital canon pro cameras just to do test shots. The fact that digital photography is growing at an alarming rate is great, but film is still superier to digital any day. Canon just issued a press release for a new Rebel T2 FILM Camera. It's nice to see Canon is still working with people like me that still use film !

Have a great day !

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...