LCD screen needs cleaning:

Turn it off so that you can see spots better. First, try it dry using either a cloth made

for optical surfaces or disposable stuff such as Kimwipes by Kimberley Clark. They're

probably the best, they're used a lot in the biomedical field for cleaning microscopes.

If it doesn't work dry, try water or a cleaning product. Avoid ethyl-based products (such as

Windex) or those which contain ammonia because they can make the plastic go yellow. Get

the stuff they use to clean eye glasses or use wetting agent.

I use a wetting agent diluted as prescribed (yes, the same I use in the darkroom) to clean

my glasses, my lenses and my monitor. It does a great job.

You can spray onto the screen. That's what I do. The whole point of this warning is to

avoid letting the liquid inflitrate at the bottom of the screen (for obvious reasons), so if

you spray make sure you catch it with the cloth before it finishes its ride downwards.

I would get the IKlear iK-5 5oz spray pump bottle.

You should also ask them about their microfiber terrycloth. It's not on the website, but it's

amazing on LCD screens. It's a kind of "off the menu" item that's just great.

Because it's microfiber it's lint free and non abrasive. But at the same time it has this

terrycloth texture that seems to do a better job lifting the guck off my Viewsonic 19" LCD

than my regular microfiber cloths.

Didn't clean my LCD for two years until I discovered this stuff. After using the product

your screen will look brand new.

I clean my screen weekly by lightly spraying directly to my screen and wiping the stuff off.

I have had absolutely no damage.