Has anyone found color reversal film in 7x17?

benjamin_lineberry

Hi Benjamin,

I've been wondering the same thing about shooting slide film in an 8X20 camera. Aparently, Kodak makes 9 and a half inch arial films in two different speeds: Aerochrome II MS (ASA 32) and Aerochrome II HS (ASA 125). They are available from Carlick Imaging (http://www.carlick.merchant.cart.net) and B&H. I really know absolutely nothing about the properties of these films; this is just from an internet search. If you try them in your 7X17, let us know how it works out, as I would like to shoot slide film in an 8X20 someday!

Greetings,

When I acquired my 8x20 camera, the gentleman I bought it from gave me a few sheets of Ektachrome that he used with it. He told me Kodak sells it as Digital Output Film in roll form: 9.5" x 50', but it's really ISO 100 Ektachrome and uses standard E6 processing. I have a few of the sheets that he cut down, but I haven't tried acquiring any myself. I did see a few enlarged murals that were made by this guy a few years ago hanging in DIA Airport - they were incredible.

Regards, Pete

Thanks for the info, guys. After hearing from you, I did a little investigation into finding that output ektachrome you wrote about. I didn't find that, however, I did find an E-6 processed, daylight balanced film that comes in 9.5"x200' rolls from Kodak. The good news is that there is no minimum order number (I'm as surprised as you are.)

If anyone's interested, it's cat.# is 169 7960, spec. #952.

The only problem is that the film base thickness is only 3.9 mil. I'm not sure about film flatness.

b.