camera will just hang, I will just see the error message on the top

lcd. its says F---- then error. I have to turn off the camera to get

back. The shutter does not function if I encouter this problem. does

this have something to do with the power? mechanical problem or the

electronic side of the camera? What could be the problem? I need

help because this is driving me nuts. Thank you in advance for your

help.

carl

Carl, I would recommend removing the CR123 batteries and installing a fully charged set of AA's. Just run the camera with the AA's for awhile (a day or so) and see if the S2 behaves the same or not. This will help to narrow down the cause. The dual set of batteries can result in some strange behavior sometimes (depending on their relative charge). I always run with the AA's solo and never with the CR123's. Good luck, Greg

I agree with Greg. I've had similar problems as well with my S2, but all was solved by running the AA's solo, or putting in fresh cr123's. Also, for some reason, I find I have sharper images when using the AA's solo. The dual battery setup is just a bad idea from the start, I guess.

What resolution or file type are you shooting to--Jpeg, RAW, hi-res, lo-res, etc. Larger files do take longer to record. You can also check the exact error in the back of your S2 manual. Also make sure that you do not interrupt the S@ after the shot is taken. For example: do not power the camera down after exposure until the shot has been fully recorded. Delays may also be caused by your media. Do you have the same issues with different types or brands of media? Have you tried reformatting your card. I hope that helps. I can't say that I have run into any problems in that respect with my S2.

mdd

This happens to me sometimes too - in my case it is the lens somehow not fitting perfectly to the body. In tweaking it a little bit back and forth the connections comes back. Cleaning the contacts did not help yet (but may be I have to be more brutal in cleaning them).

This happens with several lenses on the S2 - so it must have something to do with the body. Never happened with Nikons so far. But in this case, I cannot shot as the shutter will not open. So I do know that I have a problem and I am not surprised not having the image...

Happy Shooting, Dirk

• 3 weeks later...
If your display shows FEE there's a good chance your aperature ring is not set to f22. Check that, it can usually be locked at f22 so it doesn't get accidently changed. Not getting an image might either have to do with a low battery as others have said, or your image diplay (first item in the menu) is set to preview. If it is, you will see the image after the exposure but won't actually record it to your card until you hit the far left button on the function menu. I have no idea what this would be useful for, but there it is just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...