Bronica RF645 User Feedback

michael_paliotta

I know that there has been considerable controversy regarding this

camera because of Bronica's failure to deliver the 135mm as promised.

Setting that issue aside, what is your general opinion of the camera?

What do you like about the camera? What don't you like about it. I'm

more interested in feedback from people that are actively using the

camera on a regular basis rather than a product review from somebody

that goes out and shoots with it for just a day ot two. Thx

I have owned the Bronica RF for a few months and have shot about 10-12 rolls. Would have done more work with it but have been busy. I Do a lot of landscapes, portraits and still lifes with a Crown Graphic with four great lenses and a roll film back. I also love to do street type photography on the spur of the moment. For this I used and still have a Rollie TLR 2.8 and have had great results. The problem with the rollie is that the lens, 80mm, is a little long for what I like to shoot. Also my eyes are getting worse and where critical focusing is required I have a hard time with the Rollie. After reading several reviews of the Bronica RF I decided to look at it. Rangefinder focusing is much faster and more accurate for me and the Bronica's viewfinder is nice and bright. The camera also feels real good in my hands and the controls very accessable. I love the focal length of the 65mm. Sharp, excellent detail and it pulls a lot more into the picture that I could never get with the Rollie. I also got the 45mm lens. For street or touring, this is a great camera even without the once planned 135mm lens. The 100mm lens that they plan to release will accually cover more of what I shoot than a 135mm anyway. A lot of photograhers have expressed frustration that the 135 didn't come through to do portraits, but reality is there isn't any one camera that can do it all without compromising something. I bet they do a shoe mount finder for the 100mm.

Cheers from Oregon

I bought this camera when it came out to use to photograph accident scenes and such in my work. The focusing is easy and very accurate. The meter is perfect. I have shot slides with the camera and exposure is dead on. The camera is easy to use and quite frankly alot of fun. I think the negative comments here are largely unjustified. This system lends itself to standard to wide angle, thus a portrait lens, to me, is not necessary to this system (use a Rollei or Hassleblad for the longer lens). If only the Mamiya 7II had the meter this camera has.